[OM] Re: Weight loss

Subject: [OM] Re: Weight loss
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:38:38 -0300

On Aug 6, 2004, at 9:40 PM, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Some time ago I did something similar for traveling on planes, trains,
> ships and buses. A small, high quality wide angle camera to take care
> of emergency back up, wide angle, and fast film for inside shots, as
> well as the obligatory group shots at the dinner table and the hand
> over camera to, "Please, take our picture."  Then I just took the
> lenses for the OM4T that would catch 90% of the rest. That missed 10%?
> Don't worry about it. You are on vacation.

Well actually, I'll be working, not on vacation, but same idea applies.
Roland Ruehl was the first to get back to me suggesting just a 3 lens
kit (24/2.8, 35/2, 90/2.5). I'm thinking of doing that except with the
85/2 instead of the 90/2.5. I do some macro but don't plan on doing
much while I'm away. I'm more likely to do up close shots with the 24
rather than true macro work. I think I'll still throw in the 2x
converter so that I do have something to give me extra reach if I do
need it.

As for a small backup camera, I have also recently purchased a Stylus
Epic (my first NIB bit of Olympus equipment) for that purpose and had
forgotten to include it in the list of equipment above.

Where I'll be working, I plan to keep the Stylus with me all the time
with the intention of shooting as much as possible. Then on other days
when I plan to go out for more serious shooting I'll take the OM kit.
Although, with the slimmed down kit, I could potentially carry it
around most of the time as well or certainly 1 body and lens (say the
85/2 to complement the 35/2.8 on the Stylus).

Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/