[OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson

Subject: [OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:48:38 -0500
Yes,
He took up photography in 1930 and bought his first L*ica in 1932.  He was
the Father of Photo-Journalism and The Grand Master of the
Candid.  Although legendary for that and his stunning war photography
including the Spanish and Mexican Civil Wars, and the communist Chinese
revolution, he was also a consummate portraitist and some of that work;
albeit not nearly as prolific,  is equally stunning.

His work is an example of what can be done using a simple, completely
manual rangefinder camera.

-- John Lind