[OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson

Subject: [OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:34:54 -0700
on 8/4/04 5:00 PM, Roland Ruehl at roland.ruehl@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Bill,
>
> yes you are right, an M3 or an M2 (introduced in 57). There are modified
> M1s with a rangefinder but they
> appeared later. No idea why he needed the aux finder. Must have had
> another lens in his pocket (which points
> back to the M3 ...)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roland.

Its definitely an M3... the M2 doesn't have the raised 'frame' around the
finder windows. Besides, I'm not sure the M2 was released in 1957. I do
wonder why he has that auxiliary finder on top, mabye for a 35mm
focal-length finder. The lens looks too long for a Leica 35mm of that era,
they would only extend about 5/8" off the camera body.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

Two x M3 and one x M2 propping up my credit card debt... but that's OK.