[OM] OMs and clutches, was Selling out

Subject: [OM] OMs and clutches, was Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:43:02 +0100
Ho, Ho Donald! :-)  Actually, I am ambivalent about clutches.  MB make
such efficient automatic gearboxes and torque converters I was an
auto-only person for a 6 years.  Vastly improved fuel consumption
persuaded me to go for the 6-speed box on my little 320d touring –
around 10mpg better than the automatic gearbox – far more
umweltfreundlich, although bio diesel might require a little fiddling
around.

OM content: the little BMW carries all my OM kit in 2 Billingham bags
on one seat folded.  I can still carry 2 passengers in the rear, as
long as they don't fiddle with the OM kit ;-)

Chris

On 4 Aug 2004, at 21:48, Donald MacDonald wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:42:22 +0100, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Clutch?  What's that?
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Piers