[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:06:43 -0700
on 8/4/04 11:37 PM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The MGB had already been ruined with raised suspension and plastic
> bumpers ... ;-)   I can't remember ever seeing the TR8, but the TR7 was
> never the last word in quality.  A combination of mediocre management
> and suicidal unions (along with careless manufacturing) did for the
> British sports car ­ along with most other British cars.
>
> Chris

I had a friend with a TR7, and it was a great little car when it ran... the
TR8 intrigued me,  it might have been a real winner if the Honda, Toyota, or
Nissan had made it (Mazda did the 'classic British sports car' right with
the Miata... pity they never put a rotary motor in it. There's no such thing
as too much horsepower, if the chassis is built to handle it.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...