[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:37:29 +0100
The MGB had already been ruined with raised suspension and plastic
bumpers ... ;-)   I can't remember ever seeing the TR8, but the TR7 was
never the last word in quality.  A combination of mediocre management
and suicidal unions (along with careless manufacturing) did for the
British sports car – along with most other British cars.

Chris

On 4 Aug 2004, at 21:12, Jamie Costello wrote:

> Yeah, I know ... What WAS BL thinking with those MGBGT-V8s and the
> TR-8?
> ;-).
>
> Over here, Ford 5 litre V8s and Chevy 5.7 litre V8s made it into
> everything:
> Jag XK/XJ's, MGBs, Rovers, etc.
>
> Jamie
> Fort Myers, FL