[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:56:35 +0100
Oh. Oh dear.

:-(

Sorry I asked

Piers

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Walt Wayman
Sent: 04 August 2004 16:25
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Piers,

To make a very long and sad story really, really short, we proved quite
conclusively something we had heard but didn't actually believe, and that is
that the weakest part of a TR-6 is the rear end (and everything to which it
is attached, too).  After the third differential blew up and did enough
damage to the frame that another one (which we didn't have one of anyway)
could be installed, we moved the 300+ HP engine to a far more appropriate
vehicle, a 1954 Chevy pickup, and sold the TR-6 remains for parts.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --