[OM] Re: V8 shoehorning; was Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: V8 shoehorning; was Selling out
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:13:06 +0200

Many years ago (1967-71) I owned a Morgan +4, which used the 2.2l. 4-cyl
engine from a Triumph TR4a. When Triumph stopped producing that engine,
Morgan created the +8 by merging the +4 and the 3.5 litre ex-Buick V8 (I
very nearly bought one, but succumbed to the (VW-)Porsche 914). The Morgan
+8 was and is still very successful; I do not believe that they had any
serious back-end problems.

Roger Key

Piers wrote:

... those MGBGT-V8s and the TR-8

Both of which had a 3.5 litre *Buick* V8 originally licensed by Rover Co
for
the P5B, later fitted to P6, SD1, Range Rover etc etc.

Piers

PS Irrelevant local interest curiosity for Donald - Buick is an East Coast
name, and the Mr Buick who founded the car maker was a Scotsman who came
from not far away from you. As I am sure you know!