[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:13:33 +0100
Thanks for interpreting Piers :-).  It's definitely a subjective thing,
or a lack of training on my part.  I just cannot grab a scene with the
same assurance of success as with my film, slide or negative frankly.

And you're right that it's about the complete process; oh, and the
feeling of draining away money, loads and loads of it!

Chris

On 4 Aug 2004, at 12:54, Piers Hemy wrote:

> I think I know what Chris means, if it's the same as I failed to get
> across
> a while back.
>
> Let's try a different way.  It's not about the ability of the camera
> capture
> to deep black through to bright white in one exposure, but about the
> ability
> of the entire system (whether that is digicam to inkjet print/film
> camera to
> silver halide print/film camera to transparency) to output as much of
> that
> range as possible.
>
> I believe that a projected transparency will output brighter whites and
> darker blacks than anything put on paper by whatever means.  Is that
> what
> you mane by "luminance range", Chris?
>
> Piers
<|_:-)_|>