[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:47:01 +0100
Sorry Winsor, but you have not persuaded me of its superiority to 35mm.
  It cannot record the same range of luminance and you cannot produce a
reasonable print of the same size as a scanned 35mm slide, let alone
one enlarged and processed in a darkroom.  And who, of any credibility
would suggest that it would surpass MF in quality?

A colleague at work has a D60, for which he paid over £2000 sterling;
that camera is not obsolete, but it is much less attractive to him than
the latest Canon kit (oh, and it is pretty big).

Chris

On 3 Aug 2004, at 23:59, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> It is already superior to 35mm film, some say 6x7. Why would it become
> obsolete? It hasn't become obsolete in the last two years.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, CA
> USA
> On Aug 3, 2004, at 3:50 PM, GWSears wrote:

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.

+44 (0)7092 251126