[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:53:31 +0100
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:28:25 +0100, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I can see that, now Walt has succumbed, I shall be one of the last
> bastions (can a person be a bastion?) against the move to digital, if
> only on the basis of initial outlay against longevity ;-)
>
> Chris

Nah. I'll be last. Cost is an issue, and I am unlikely to be considering
replacement of my system before I become moribund or stiff.

Also, my experiences with my wife's holiday photos, taken on a Fuji S5000,
have been instructive. Nothing to do with quality or such. I have them on
the hard drive. They are now copied to CD. The cards are wiped. I feel
insecure about their survival. How many copies to make me feel secure?

Actually, one copy would suffice, if I could hold it up to the light to
check its condition. All I see with the CD is my ugly mug looking back...

Everyone is entitled to their digital enthusiasm, and their film
obstinacy. I just find I'm tuning out more, a bit like with the BBC,
Blair, and Bush...

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS