[OM] OT JPEG2k save, was Photoshop

Subject: [OM] OT JPEG2k save, was Photoshop
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:11:13 +0100
All right Winsor, Moose or anyone else ...

I have resisted asking this, intending to read the manual (admission of
defeat of course), but how do you speed up the JPEG200 save in CS?  It
takes me a month of Sundays while the dialogue box faffs around with
some process or another.  I am sure that it is wonderfully optimised
etc ... but if I am saving 75Mb files as JPEG2000 to optimise space on
my hard drive, I don't need to optimise them for the Internet.

OM content: I am scanning photos I took with my OMs.  To my
embarrassment, I find that I have whole films from 2000, a holiday on
the Canal du Midi, which I have barely examined, let alone scanned.  My
only excuse was that I was in a fairly high-pressure NATO job (yes, I
had not realised that NATO jobs could be high-pressure) and I had
little time to myself.  I did not even have time to finish my civilian
airline pilot licence studies ... now I am rambling ...

Chris

p.s. and how do you save a batch of files as JPEG2000 – record an
Action? cb
On 31 Jul 2004, at 08:29, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> I use Graphic Converter too. I especially like the slide show because
> it is quick, easy, and allows one to easily dump the losers. I do have
> a few of those I am afraid. And I think it is superior to Photoshop
> when displaying non-even multiples of the file. I have to admit that I
> get flummoxed by the batch conversion window and just as soon use CS
> for that. And I am finally getting used to the missing jpeg conversion
> when I have forgotten to reduce the bit size of the file to 8.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, CA
> USA
> On Jul 30, 2004, at 11:34 PM, Chris Barker wrote:

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.

+44 (0)7092 251126