[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:59:05 -0400
I think C*non got the digital nod because there was an OM to
EOS adapter and Oly flipped flopped on the OM-E adapter.
Not only that, but C* seems to be a bit ahead of everyone else
as far as low noise sensors. But the noise from the E-1 has the
best character, of course. Then Oly started giving away the
OM FourThirds adapter...

A number of us just held our finger on the delete key long enough
and now we have moved from politics to curmudgeonous as
the new thing. It seems that digital cameras bring it out in a
certain antiquated segment of our population, but adds much
joy to reading the posts (especially compared to politics)

Besides, it only takes a few vocal sour grapes to spoil the pot.
The tolerance was already there in most of us. Photography
is the real love and the reason the OM's are so cherished. Most
of us are really interested in taking photos, no mater what the
venue, and no mater what SUV you haul your gear around in.

Even though I'm a digital convert, I will never give up the OM.
Hearing darkroom technique, developers, film questions, and
all aspects of photography is fascinating to me. Even though I
can't really contribute as much knowledge as others on the list,
I enjoy reading most of it, at least these days.

Wayne

At 09:49 PM 7/28/2004, you wrote:
>At 08:58 PM 7/28/2004, Moose wrote:
>
>>Hi Johnny, welcome back. I wondered what had happened to you.
>
>Well thanks Moose.  The List had gotten too political for my taste so I
>signed off back in the Fall.  But, I thought I'd stop by for awhile and see
>what everyone was up to.
<snip>