[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:47:39 +0000
I've seen many digital photographs, but "amazed" isn't a word I would use to
describe my feelings regarding any of them.  "Amused" maybe, because so many of
them look like they were shot under water.  Or "bemused" sometimes, because
most I have seen lack the really fine detail I expect and demand, but instead,
like the work of a skillful painter, upon close examination show a mere
suggestion of detail, an illusion, some sleight of hand, rather than the real
thing.  I call it prestidigitaltation.

But, like the punch line in the old moose turd pie story, "But it ain't bad!"

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --