[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:43:03 +0200
>Actually, I cannot see from Olympus America's web site that the C-8080
>can save in RAW mode!  Apparently the C-5060 can.  Weird.

Apparently it can, but is very slow...
See the review by Michael Reichmann at Luminous
landscape
(http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/olympus-c8080.shtml):

>Like the Sony F828 the Olympus C-8080 is able to
>shoot in RAW mode. But as with the Sony this
>mode is almost unusable because the camera takes
>forever (actually about 20 seconds — a bit
>slower than the Sony) to write a RAW file to
>disk. During this time the camera is unusable.
>Sorry Olympus and Sony — that's not the way I do
>photography.

Among the 8MP cameras, Michael prefers the
Minolta A2 and Sony F828. The Olympus has a
number of drawbacks, particularly this very slow
Raw mode, and bad ergonomics. However he finds
that its image quality is pretty good.

Bernard