[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:59:51 -0700
Well, as my lengthy post a few minutes ago says, that's the solution I
ended up with. For anyone who skips long posts, I mention down near the
bottom a performance reason to prefer the silver 300D to the black one.

On the other hand, modestly priced pocketable DCs can take wonderful
images as an interim step that is still useful for casual use after
'interim' is over. All the pics in the "Les Girls", "Glorious Glads"
(yes, I know I posted too many similar images, too enthusiastic.) and
several of the pics in "Yosemite" were taken with a 3 year old
technology, 2.1mp camera. The little P&S saved the day for a few shots
with its little flash when I wasn't carrying one for the OMs. I've made
some 8x10s from this camera that are very nice, even from cropped
images. No, you can't see tiny detail with a magnifier, but viewed on a
wall, they are quite striking and get positive comments from visitors.
Some of the current 3-5mp DCs are really excellent. A stylus 300 or 400
is pretty cheap, tough, splash proof and capable of excellent images.

Moose