[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: Matt Boland <mattboland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:17:58 +1000
Sorry, I didn't know this had all been discussed before.

What is the availability of these boards like? Are they freely
available, or are they scarce? Have they been hanging around USD$250 for
a while, or have they been going up?

Like I said, USD$250 for the boards is high. If it gets too high, then
people will ditch the Ollies at some point instead of repairing them. I
absolutely disagree with tossing something out because it is "cheaper"
to buy something new rather than fix the problem. The overall cost is
higher to manufacture something new rather than repair something broken
(in general). I am talking here about real cost, like the cost to the
environment, both from tossing out the old and manufacturing the new. So
I was interested in what I could do to keep the OMs going long after
Olympus ditched them.

Err, sorry to crap on so much. Who's for making a digital back for the
OM-1???

Just kidding...

Matt.