[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:01:50 +0100
You mean something like this (where - is clean image, % is lighter, and + is
darkest):

-----%%+%%-----
-----%%+%%-----
-----%%+%%-----
-----%%+%%-----
-----%%+%%-----

With the proviso that I am no technician, that seems to indicate that the
first shutter curtain is slowing down in mid-travel, the second curtain
catches up with it after also slowing down before the first curtain then
accelerates again, and then resumes its intended course and speed, with the
second curtain following suit.  I can't see what else could cause the
shutter slit to vary in width from normal, to wide, to narrow, to wide, to
normal.

Perhaps there is a mechanical obstruction somewhere?

Get the OM1n out Craig!

Piers