[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:31:39 +0000
Somehow, knowing that Sharp made the circuits makes me feel better.  I have
three circa 1983 or 1984 OM-4s. They work flawlessly, still awaiting their
first CLA.

In our bedroom is a 1983 24-in. Sharp TV that just absolutely refuses to die,
despite the fact we sometime wish it would so that we can get a more modern set
with all today's bells and whistles, housed in something besides a fake wood
2x3x2 ft. square-cornered cabinet.  It's stuck on channel 3, working through
the cable box, but every time we go look for a potential replacement, we can't
find anything with a picture that would look any better viewed between feet and
over and around cats' heads.

I do, however, despite the fact I've had no light leaks, think it may be time
to replace the back foam on the OM-4s.  Then again, if it ain't broke...

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --