[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:47:20 -0700
Exactly, Moose. Duplicating the board as it is would probably also
infringe something, somewhere. :-) So much better to "black box" it like
was done with IBM BIOS chips "way back when". As long as the inputs and
outputs match the function of the original Olympus board, the camera
won't know the difference.

Because of when the boards for the 4T had to have been designed, I
expect what took custom chips then might well be reproduced with
off-the-shelf programmable stuff now. Seriously impractical? Maybe now.
But when the last of the 4T boards are gone... It'll be much less
seriously impractical for anyone that wants to resurrect one.

---
Scott