[OM] Re: Looking for a satchel style bag

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a satchel style bag
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:36:58 -0300

On Jul 9, 2004, at 5:41 AM, James Royall wrote:

> Have you looked at the crumpler range? They do a lot of satchel style
> bags. I'm very happy with mine.

I did briefly check out their site. Unfortunately, there's no
distribution locally so I really can't check out one of their bags
before purchasing. This raises a slight beef I have, locally there are
2 "pro" camera stores. I find one is pretty good and serves all my
needs. The other I don't really like all that much as I don't find the
staff are as useful so I don't really go there. What gets me though is
that both stores carry almost identical lines of equipment, I really
don't understand this. The pro shop that I like carries mostly Lowe Pro
bags which I checked out and didn't really see anything that interested
me (although they don't have the full line there). So I decided to go
up to the other pro store (only a few blocks away) and they carry an
almost identical line of Lowe Pro bags. I don't understand why they
don't carry a different brand in order to offer some competition (the
prices are the same). It's the same with tripods, both stores carry
Manfrotto tripods.

Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/