[OM] Re: Looking for a satchel style bag

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a satchel style bag
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:32:25 -0300

On Jul 9, 2004, at 6:01 AM, Roger D. Key wrote:

> You could try the Lowepro Stealth Reporter Series, specifically the
> 650AW (takes a laptop too), 500AW, and 400AW. I have looked at the
> 400AW, and it seems to be very well designed and made. The big
> question is how much yo are prepared to carry.

Yes, I've seen some of the bags in this series. Unfortunately, I think
they're bulkier than what I'm looking for. They seemed designed to
carry a very large amount of gear. I'm looking at a much smaller kit
than what would fit in one of those bags.

> Ther can be a significant problem in carrying a backpack and a
> shoulder bag, in that the shoulder straps tend to collide....

Yes, that is an issue but I still think it's a better option than
trying to manage a large internal frame backpack and a photo backpack
at the same time. Depending on the size of the bag, I may even be able
to fit it in my larger backpack. Usually, I try to ditch the larger
pack as soon as possible (either where I'm staying or, if that's not
possible, renting a locker).

Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/