[OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:17:50 -0700
Some nice images there!

First review, I still really dislike Photo.net. Why in heaven's name
don't they have forward and back buttons? Going back to the index to get
to the next shot is really a pain, especially as it always takes it a
while to decide that I want the large image size and until then it's 3
clicks for each image.

I don't know if the gauzy look is intentional. I like it well enough for
at least a couple of them, but not for all. I don't imagine the 100VS
slides have such low contrast? Looking at the histograms, most of them
have the whole range of their brightness squeezed into 3/4 or less of
the range of brightness the files can contain. Adjusting the histograms
is like removing a haze in the images.

Given that I would have used a different presentation in tonal
range/contrast for most, I quite like the fuscias and the lupines. The
OOF in both foreground and background in the buds is different and I
like the abstract effect with just the buds to give context. I don't
much like the rose with the OOF petals and sharp center and leaves. The
leaves and white flowers shots remind me very much of effects I too
often try to get on film; ok, but without capturing what I saw and
wanted to convey. They are well executed, but don't grab me.

Moose