[OM] Re: Mirror locks when advancing the film on OM-2n

Subject: [OM] Re: Mirror locks when advancing the film on OM-2n
From: Graham Battison <geebeephoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:13:39 +0200 (CEST)
>From : "Stylianos Georgakis"

Subject : [OM] Mirror locks when advancing the film on OM-2n

Hello Zuikoholics,
I apologize if this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything on
the archives. My Om-2n locks sometimes the mirror when I advance the
film. This is not due to batteries (it happens with fresh SR-44). Also
when it happens about one time of ten the shutter is released after the
film has been advanced. Any suggestions? Is it easy to fix or it needs a
CLA?

Thanks in advance.
Stylianos Georgakis

Hi Stylianos,

I have an old beat OM2n that I use as a carry everywhere camera and a couple of
times when changing film I have been unable to advance the film when I close
the back. Mirror has locked up. I tried the 'battery check' on the exposure
meter lever  thinking it might be dead batteries. The batteries were fine and
the mirror flipped back into position.

When it happened a second time, again during a film change, I went straight to
the 'battery check' setting on the exposure meter lever and it worked again. I
have no idea why or even if it was just coincidence but the next occurrence
should prove or disprove the theory.

Not very scientific but selecting 'battery check' on the exposure meter lever
might work for you too if it happens again.

--Graham

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/