[OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:35:53 -0700
Andrew Dacey wrote:

>Just got back from 4 days in Charlottetown attending the CUSO AGM.
>Besides getting an incredible introduction to CUSO and having the
>opportunity to meet some of the people I'll be working with in Lao I've
>also picked up an invitation to visit Fiji on my way back to Canada and
>possibly Vanuatu as well.

Better and better!

>On Jun 17, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Moose wrote:
>

>>I'm an auto knd of guy for day to day stuff. I'd probably have my old
>>standby 2N CLAed for the trip............
>>

>I still have a preference for 1N's for a few reasons. Firstly, my OM-2s
>is my only auto body and is currently out of commission (possibly for
>good if the circuit is dead).

I've never had, or wanted, a 2s. It is much more closely related to the
OM-4 series than a 2N, in spite the numbering. Although I use a 4 more
often than anything else, I would likely not take one one your kind of
adventure.

>Secondly, I just prefer the feel of the 1N's anyways. Thirdly, I think that
>all mechanical bodies might be a bit less vulnerable to humidity than one with
>electronic circuitry to get fouled up.

The 2(N), unlike the 2s feels very much like a 1(N) and is highly
reliable. I've been in rain forest happily using my 2N and watched a
Nik*n wunderbrick literally short out inside and loose its mind, beeping
and running the focus motor seemingly at random. Not trying to talk
anybody into anything, just pointing out a real big difference in models
that sound similar in name. The 2(N) is also still eminently repairable.

Moose