[OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:14:29 +1000
Good luck - it's the ultimate kind of experience. But expect to live
Laotian! It should change the way that you see the world and readjust
your priorities.
You will want to take a lot of portraits.
Take something small like mju/stylus. Comes in handy for group shots
(you'll want to hand someone a camera and say "point it at me with
these people and shoot."
Depending on where you are (I doubt urban) there will be no batteries
and possible no power points.
Film may be hard to come by, esp. good non-tourist film (Kodak Max
anyone?)
Start every day by looking in a mirror and saying - "I'm here to learn,
not to teach."
(It's obvious but so easy to forget sometimes).
Good luck. Enjoy!
AndrewF
Blessed are the cracked - for they let in the light. (Spike Milligan)
http://www.pbase.com/afildes