[OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.
From: "Ali" <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:56:17 -0400
Well I tried some of the things you all suggested and still no luck. The
battery light stays solid when I switch to "check/reset". Upon cranking the
advance lever the mirror stays in the upright and locked position until the
switch is moved to check/reset. The shutter release does absolutely nothing!

When changing the shutter to 'B' - and advancing the film lever...the mirror
reacts at exactly the same time...it moves up and back down. If I change the
F stops...while the shutter is on 'B'....the mirror might stay up a little
longer but then pops back down. This happens exactly when I crank the
advance lever....I do not have to touch the shutter release!

Sounds like a problem...possibly due to neglect!? Like I said...the body is
beautiful..looks brand new. Even the manuals and paperwork look untouched.
Funny thing...according to the box (original), which has a price sticker on
it...someone paid $ 479.00 for this body!

Thanks.

- Ali

Protected by Polesoft Lockspam
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html