[OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:08:53 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/04 5:47:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm sure I'm going to regret asking this, but what is "Carolina pulled
> pork" ?

Perhaps, I can head the really OT stuff off at the pass by explaining what I
think is the correct answer.  It is a pork roast (I'm guessing a shoulder
roast) which looks to have been started baking in a barbecue pit and ends up
being
wrapped up in aluminum foil.  The meat is so tender and succulent that rather
than slicing it, you pull it from the bone, thus "pulled pork".

I've never cooked, but have eaten some and regret the place which use to
serve it in Sugar Land went out of business.  Great food, bad location.
Perhaps
we will hear from others on how it is prepared.  Bill Barber