[OM] Bad Meat, was Tamron - what IS OT then?

Subject: [OM] Bad Meat, was Tamron - what IS OT then?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:57:42 +0100
Survival training is all very well, but if you eat the wrong stuff,
e.g. old, bacteria-ridden meat, you don't survive very long.  However,
I have eaten mixamatosis-ridden rabbit (sp?) and suffered no ill
effects.  In fact I ate it for a week, mainly because the sheep that
were available would not die when chased down cliffs, and I was fit to
drink a gallon of beer at the end of the ordeal.  I have not eaten
rabbit since...

I am pretty hard-over about eating meat full of antibiotics or other
additives now ;-)

Chris

On 5 Jun 2004, at 20:36, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I learned a lot of things while raising children.  One of them was
> that anything you put in your mouth, chew and swallow that doesn't
> make you gag then or throw up later is okay to eat.  Survival training
> will teach you even more.
>
> That's a slight exaggeration for my everyday existence, but I'm not
> nearly as finicky an eater now as I was when my mother, who refused to
> eat lots of things for no logical reason, had control of my diet.  I
> was in my teens before I had a bite of bologna, which she said was
> some dreadful, nasty stuff the poor people ate and something I should
> never eat again.  Of course, I've been eating it ever since.
>
> This discussion is making me hungry, so I think I'll go nuke a couple
> of Oscar Mayers and some Hormel chili.  On toasted buns, with lots of
> French's yellow mustard, and mounds of chopped Vidalia onions of
> course, I'll wash them down with a cold one.  Or two.
>
> I bet a pair of loaded dogs in the right light on a nice plate would
> make a great shot.  (OM content there, you know.  I'll try not to get
> mustard on the 90/2.)
>
> Walt, who knows all the words to the song:  I wish I were an Oscar
> Mayer* weiner...
>
> *The correct spelling.  I looked in the fridge to be sure.
>
> -------------- Original message from Winsor Crosby : --------------
>>
>> One of my brother's first jobs was at a Safeway meat packing plant.
>> All
>> the alarms went of one day when we were talking and he mentioned the
>> "B
>> Meat Room". He explained that the "B Meat Room" was where they got the
>> ingredients for hot dogs. And he further explained with some prompting
>> that it contained everything they could not wrap and package because
>> of
>> its appearance because it was too black or to iridescent. Illegal
>> meat.
>> He said the all beef weiners were cleaner than the other ones. I
>> stopped eating them.
>>

>> Winsor
>> Long Beach, California
>> USA