[OM] Re: Dynamic range of films (and digits)

Subject: [OM] Re: Dynamic range of films (and digits)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:37:30 +0800
Joe, I believe you are still using film and have not play with some good DC
yet. A good DC can keep very good control of shadows, even the E-10
can allow for two stops under and pull up in software later (with the
increasing of noies) with minimum lost of shadow details.

Here is an example of a E-1 shot with 11-22mm I took today, the foreground
buildings was under at least 1.5 stops, try to download and play with it
under you photo editing software you will know how good the shadow is. BTW,
it was shot under JPEG mode, if you shot RAW it will be even better!

http://www.accura.com.hk/exp_test.jpg  (~300KB)

C.H.Ling