[OM] Re: Which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which slide film?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:57:48 -0700
I don't think anyone has discussed the use of slide film in
relationship to its end use as if they were all equally suitable. I do
a lot of nature photography and I love Velvia for projecting and for
punchy prints. Provia F is, I think, Fuji's development for scanning.
Fine grain with lots of shadow detail. Gives a nice wide latitude scan
that can be manipulated and made into a fine large print. Looks a bit
dull and soft compared to Velvia though. Agfa RSX is a beautiful film
with almost no color cast at all. A shame that the grain becomes so
prominent in a scan. Its color rendition, sharpness and contrast makes
a small projection that is terrific and very realistic looking like
looking through a little window.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA