[OM] Re: Which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which slide film?
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:45:46 -0500
> Hi,
>
> I'm flying to Malta this weekend and am still on the lookout for the
> right film to take. Last february I used up some Sensia 100
> in Portugal,
> and would like a film that has a tad bit more contrast. I
> know that the
> weather will have an influence on the contrast, but maybe
> there's a film
> that y'all would recommend? (I shoot only outdoors.) I
> wouldn't mind a
> stop or two more, but i get 95% of the shots with a 100 and no tripod
> too, so this ain't a must. Especially since I expect nice
> weather down
> there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Nils

I like Provia F for green places and Velvia for stony places and I think
both have more contrast than Sensia II.  For a mixed bag, I would
probably go with Velvia.  But my experience is mainly with the 50 ASA
Velvia, not Velvia F.  I like the old stuff somewhat better.

If you can afford it, why not try Provia F 400?  The stuff is amazing.
I can scarcely tell the difference between it and its ASA 100 cousin
under the loupe.

Joel W.