[OM] Re: foxes

Subject: [OM] Re: foxes
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:08:43 -0500
Rabies. More dangerous than toad rage in the land of Froggies. We have foxes
and coyotes in our area outside Austin and keep the cats INDOORS. They'll get
to run around when we have a secure fenced area, and only those who can fight
and they'll still be curfewed. Kept them safe for years, and cut down on their
unnecessary hunting, too.

I vaguely remember that food-based vaccines are dropped for the foxes. When I
was playing soldier twenty years ago (the safe desk jockey variety), there was
extra hardship pay for those who were sent off to Germany. Got myself into
plenty of trouble by asking the captain making a big presentation on the
dangers of rabies in the camp auditorium if there was a connection between the
prevalence of rabies in Germany and the extra money. {Smart Aleck}

On 16:31, yves barbaroux wrote:

>be carefull now ; foxes are well known in france for transmissing
>"rage " (an illness I dont know the word in english )

==