[OM] Re: Dusty Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Dusty Lenses
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 16:18:22 -0600
At 03:44 PM 08/05/2004, Dave Cattani wrote:

[snip]

>I live near Denver, Colorado, USA, and was wondering if anyone in the group
>knows of a reputable place to have a couple of my lenses cleaned out locally.
>If I need to send them away, well, I suppose I can get along without them for
>awhile.....
>
>I have a 21mm f2.0 and a 135mm f3.5 that have a little more dust / dirt than
>I would like.

Locally, no.

But since you live in the U.S.A., there are a couple of members of the List
who are also licensed Oly techs and who would be quite capable of doing
such a job for you (you could probably send your lenses to Oly USA as well,
of course...).  These folks are:

1. John Hermanson, Camtech Photo Services, Huntington NY, web page at:

      http://www.zuiko.com/

2. Clint H., Photosphere, Dallas TX, web page at:

      http://www.olyfix.com

Both these folks answer questions on the List, and both have excellent
reputations with Stateside members who've used their services.  Just wished
it was easy to ship 'em items from Canada...

Garth