[OM] Re: cleaning lens glass

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning lens glass
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 18:01:55 +0000
I phrased that poorly.  I should have said, I use Zippo lighter fluid (naphtha)
and denatured alcohol for lots of cleaning chores, but not naphtha -- heaven
forbid -- for lens cleaning, etc., etc.  Please note the correction by the
addition of the words "not naphtha" into the reference to lens cleaning.  I
sometimes use denatured alcohol for cleaning lenses, never naphtha, but I
generally prefer Windex.

Carefully conducted and extensively documented studies and examinations using a
nuclear magnetic resonnansitic ultralinear spectrosonographic plasmatic crud
detector of surfaces cleaned with any petrolieum distillate, such as naphtha,
frequently reveal them to be coated with an oily petrolitical obfuscational
film (not to be confused with Kodachrome).  It, of course, is easily removed
through the gentle application of the magic blue liquid known as Windex.

Walt, who will not be receiving e-mails the rest of the day.