[OM] Re: cleaning lens glass

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning lens glass
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:50:49 -0400
Mark said:
A slight point of clarification.  I've heard many people refer to
Ronsonol as pure naptha, it isn't, at least not in Canada.  The label on
my bottle of Ronsonol clearly states that it also contains heptane, a
very strong solvent (organic?).  Heptane on its own works very well as a
solvent and degraser, but it is difficult to purchase at the consumer
level.  I wonder how much of the usefulness of Ronsonol can be
attributed to heptane rather than naptha.