[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 22:41:02 -0700
I'd say that's fair. Did anything else ever have the OM-4T(i)'s
multi-spot abilities? In the last decade or so I haven't really kept
up, but I'm not aware of anything as useful as the "last of the best."
Couple that with Zuiko lenses and Olympus had a damn fine system, IMHO.

Not to slag the E series or the four-thirds sensor standard, but
wouldn't it be nice if Olympus took the OM name seriously enough to
design a real digital OM? A really nice start would be an OM digital
back for our existing cameras with a full-sized 35mm sensor. That would
be incredible, IMO. And then something to take the OM into new digital
territory. Full-sized sensors, new autofocus Zuiko lenses and a real
system approach. I think I'd cry.