[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:18:05 -0700

On May 6, 2004, at 1:54 PM, Wayne Culberson wrote:

> Yes, and my Olympus Epic 2.8 has likely depreciated almost 100%. Who
> really
> cares about percentages though when the initial cost was less than
> $100?
> It's not percentages, but total cost, that becomes so significant with
> the
> depreciation of a camera like the E-1.
> Wayne

The last new price I saw at B&H for an OM4Ti was $1099 which is right
up there in digital territory. So what is the going price used?  You
could make the same argument against a film slr by comparing it to a
cheap(but good), disposable plastic camera. They are hardly the same
thing though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA