[OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:59:47 +0200
I also like my Domke F-3X very much. Could never get myself to use a
LowePro bag, too rigid, too "organized", does not wrap comfortably
around my hip - and I need a _shoulder_ bag, I don't want to have to
remove the damn thing every time I want to change a lens. Domke bags
are "photoreporter" type bags, LowePro (or Tamrac) is quite another
"philosophy" i guess.

I also found recently (in a shop in Lyon, France) a line of "Mekko"
bags which appear to reproduce almost exactly the Domke bags - down
to the name (F-2, F-3X). Very good finish. And... half the price
(actually the shop stopped selling Domke bags, which are hard to find
here, and replaced them with these Mekko bags). Mekko bags are made
in China I think.

bernard