[OM] Re: Digital or no Digital?

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital or no Digital?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:08:42 -0700
There has been free discussion on the list of photography in general,
lightmeters, films, scanners, third party lenses, Olympus Pens,
rangefinders, Stylus, mju, and XA in the past, not to mention endless
discussion of SUVs, guns, travel and other sundry topics sometimes
including the character of list members. I think there has been general
agreement that only the last item is bad except maybe for the guy who
set up a competing list and spammed this one. :-) The list may have
been OM only once, but I doubt it.

It seems that since Olympus has provided a way to use our OM lenses on
the E-1 and there is a third party adaptor that will allow us to use
our OM lenses on EOS cameras which now include digital. Besides OM has
chosen to leave film behind and the E-1 is their new pro camera, the
fabled OM5, so to speak, just not what we thought it would be. So it
seems like fair territory to me.

It seems to me that the concept of photography has expanded. So I think
those general photography discussions will include digital as well. And
we have all heard a little about our Contaxes, Leicas, medium and large
formats. So I hope that it will OK if some of us slip up and mention
our non-Oly digitals from time to time. It is almost embarrassing to
think how I pooh-poohed digital a couple of years ago.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA