[OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Re: Re: ( OM ) Group membership and

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Re: Re: ( OM ) Group membership and contributions
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:33:41 -0800
>I sympathize sometimes, but overall I find the amount OK.
>
>I don't think it's a good idea to stick to OM only, as this will slowly get
>thinner and thinner, so I'd definitely be interested in other Olympus stuff
>(remember, I'm not anti-Olympus). The 8080 review someone recently pointed
>to was interesting.
>
>I'm also somewhat interested in what people who have chosen similar camera
>equipment to mine may choose next, and why, as there's a good chance they
>may share my ideas about what makes cameras worthwhile tools and nice to
>use.
>
>I wouldn't want the non-OM ratio to drift too much farther yet, but on
>average people seem to be on about the same wavelength. I'm currently
>enjoying the fact that for the past while the posts have mainly been about
>photography.
>
>Andrew
Yeah, I tend to agree with you Andrew...it's the Olympus mailing
list, not the OM-series of cameras mailing list. And digital is the
way things are going, and certainly more and more listmembers are
diving in and having fun with it. It's fun to see Winsor's, and AG's
and Skip's and other's experiences with this exciting new
photographic technology. And the discussion is about photography,
which is what we are all here for, after all. It's certainly more
interesting than the rather lengthy threads we have had about guns,
SUV's, and what-all.

There's a lot of knowledge, experience and talent here, and it's fun
for me to enjoy and benefit from that depth and range.

Cheers,
Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!