[OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Re: Re: ( OM ) Group membership and

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Re: Re: ( OM ) Group membership and contributions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 22:28:41 -0700
I agree with those who have said, with various comments and
qualifications, that things are pretty good as they are.

I've always thought of the list as primarily for OM, but open to all
photographic things Oly. Content on other photo topics germane to Oly
photogs also seems appropriate to me. For example, Oly makes no ink-jet
printers, but many of us rely on them to print our Oly produced images.
I've learned important things that have really helped me from printer
threads on the list. Do I want it to turn into a printer list, no. It's
better than the printer lists I've seen for me with the occasional posts
by fellow Oly photographers.

As it has been for over 30 years, the OM system is my primary
photographic set of tools. However, I'm actively interested in keeping
track of the move to digital by those of our ranks willing to be
guineapigs/trailblazers. They provide unique experiential feedback from
like minded photographers that I find very useful. They are also people
I feel I know, which makes the stories of their digital experiences
especially welcome.

Moose