[OM] Re: Why go digital??

Subject: [OM] Re: Why go digital??
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:11:16 -0500
I was shooting with an E-10 for the first time.  At first I would carefully
attach the flash and use it while photographing in a room when I would have
with film.  After "postviewing" on the screen, I could decide on the
keepers.  I wasn't entirely satisfied with the way the flash lit the photos
but it was what I was used to getting with the film based
cameras.  Sometimes I would forget to turn on the flash.  Surprisingly, I
preferred the look of the resulting photo.  They were less contrasty, and
had detail in "shadow" areas and yet the "white" areas were not blown
out.  Still, they had good contrast.  They did not look muddy like when
shooting film, either color or b&w without flash in low contrast settings.

What I am trying to say is they had just the right amount of "punch" to the
contrast to look good, but not so much to look artificially lit.

gregg