[OM] Re: Why go digital??

Subject: [OM] Re: Why go digital??
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:24:16 -0800
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Sorry George, just that some people think you CAN do anything with
>digital (even those who think they have "common" sense).  Anyway, I know
>I can still get usable prints from colour neg film 3 stops overexposed.

Yeah it sure is different from color negs. My little S110 is usually set
for -2/3 exposure compensation as a default, both because it gives
exposures I like for many things and to avoid blown out highlights. On
the D60 I tried, the review image flashes in any areas that are
overexposed. Very handy for allowing one to reshoot. Still a big change
in mindset when shooting. With negs, I make sure not to lose shadow
detail, with digital, I pay attention to about highlights, like being
back using slide film.

Moose