[OM] Re: Dust...

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:46:59 -0800
on 3/14/04 9:22 AM, Donald MacDonald at d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I reckon we've probably discussed this before, but here goes.
>
> Anyone using a compressor to blow air off their (OM-sourced) slides and
> negs?
>
> I am considering a move to air tools for some other applications, and
> wonder what the parameters are, in terms of noise, output pressure and so
> on.
>
> Any advice or experience to share would be welcome (especially if relates
> to the UK or translates easily). On or off list.
>
> D.
>
> --
> Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
> www.skelpitheid.com

I don't know if you really need a compressor to do this... perhaps one of
those rubber squeeze bulbs would be sufficient. I sometimes do this with the
'canned air' sold for computer dust removal, but that could get costly if
you use a lot as its about $3 per can. If you use a compressor, watch out
for oil and moisture in the compressed air, you will need a moisture trap
and I'd look for an 'oilless' compressor. Also, I don't suppose you need
more than about 10psi for this, so you'll want a regulator you can turn down
a lot lower than the air tools setting.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...