[OM] Re: Dust...

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust...
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:45:34 +0100
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:17:07 -0000
Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Y'all may have missed the part about the 'other tools'. If I'm going to
> be investing in some power tools and a compressor, it was worth my while
> investigating the possibility of using the compressor for photographic
> purposes.
>
> At any one time I have 4 sets (8) of tyres requiring regular inflation to
>
> 110 psi, I have several upcoming projects requiring considerable use of
> 50mm brads and some paintwork ranging from panel respraying to fine
> detail work and back through touch-up stuff.
>
> So I think I see a compressor in my near future. If I can swing the bits
> and bobs to make it useful in other arenas, so much the better.

Hey, if you're going to get a compressor for "other reasons", then I'd
still get one capable of filtering air for filling scuba cylinders....;)
One more reason/justification...

> Thanks for all the replies and advice. What a bunch. But I ain't taking
> up diving. When I worked offshore we used to tease the divers in squeaky
> voices and ask them about life insurance...!

Hey, I only have the squeaky voice when breathing Helium (which is
relatively rare)...and, by the way, one of the advantages of being under
water is, that the people you're with tend to shut up when having a
regulator stuffed into their pizza-slot. The life-insurance part is
relevant enough, though, even when doing this just "for fun"...

The offer stands...come to France and I'll go diving with you....

--thomas