[OM] Re: Dust...

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust...
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:08:37 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Donald MacDonald wrote:

> Mark, thanks very much for your reply, I'll be taking your advice on
> board. I know next to nothing about this, so I'm learning all the time.
> The compressor I'm looking at is electrical, 1.5hp, 24 litre tank, oil
> free. I was thinking of a filter/regulator; you'd fit two?

I'd use two filters, one regulator is enough though.  The main concern is
water, you don't want it coming out in the air stream.  With small single
stage compressors such as the one you're looking at, the air gets *very*
hot as it's compressed.  This allows the air to hold more moisture which
then causes water droplets to form as it's released from the end of the hose.
Two good filters/water traps should be enough to keep the air dry.

> I got to thinking about photographic uses after deciding a nailer was in
> my future. Much more practical for ramming home those 50mm brads...

It's probably easier to justify the nailer than the glorified OM duster :-)
It sure beats those cans of compressed air though!
                                -mark