[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:15:32 -0700
At 09:59 AM 12/03/2004, you wrote:
>I'll let Ken answer your specific question since you directed it to him.
>   If you'd like to study the focusing operation in detail you can get
>the Minolta DiMAGE A1 user manual (all 3 sections adnd 170 pages) here:

[snip]

Thanks, Chuck.  I'm not sure it answered my question, or if it did, it made
me less interested in the camera as something I'd want to plunk money down
for.  I'm not sure I like a camera that tells me that its AF didn't like
any of the focus points on offer so it decided to semi-randomly pick
another one with better contrast.  I'd rather be told that I simply can't
take the shot using AF and then switch on the fly to MF.

Garth