[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:41:24 -0500
Well, I certainly wouldn't give up the histogram but even the need for
that is rather minimized now.  I bought an A1 a week before Ken.  On my
first outing (since I didn't know how to use the camera's bells and
whistles yet) I just threw it into auto mode with its matrix metering
and auto control of everything including ISO.

After an hour's walk around a small lake in late afternoon sun with snow
on the ground I had taken 65 shots.  There's nothing in there that I
would consider a keeper but I only had two shots that I would reject
based on exposure.  Both were taken across the water and pointed toward
and relatively close to the sun.  I might not have done any better
manually exposing each shot.  I was rather amazed.  Oh, yes.  One was
out of focus but that was my fault for looking at the wrong symbol on
the screen as the in-focus indicator.

Chuck Norcutt