[OM] Re: OM-1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 meter
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:10:47 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Nils Frohberg wrote:

> hmm, up  to now, all  the screws i encountered  were very tight.  do you
> maybe have an image/document showing this screw or describing the way to
> access the circuit board?

Look here:
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/tutorials/OM-1CoverRemoval/Setting100ASA.html

The screws are the ones in the bottom left of the photo.  It's not a matter of
how tight they are, but whether or not there is oxidisation at that point.

>                       I have a  blue cable running from the ASA dial
> to somewhere down in the body. but  it doesn't end on the little circuit
> board that's connecting  the on/off switch. but thanks  already for that
> info!

It's the wire that runs into the little can that's under the "ASA dial".
It'll make it's way across the prism under the shoe support bracket and then
end up on the circuit board.  On older bodies it may be black in colour.
                                        -mark